If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the web site, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. No information about users/visitors will be sold or utilized by the TABC in any commercial way. Our web server generates a file that documents all activity on our website, including, but not limited to the following information about your visit:
- The IP address or domain name from which you access our website;
- The type of browser and platform (operating system) used to access our site;
- The date and time you visited our site;
- The page(s) you visited;
- Any file(s) you downloaded;
- Any errors that you encountered; and
- The URL of the site that referred you to our website.
We use this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors — to learn about the number of visitors to our site, what part of the site they are interested in, how long they are on our website, and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about the identity of individuals and their visits.
If you send us e-mail, your identity and the contents of your message are treated with the following policy:
- We do not create individual profiles with the e-mail information you provide or give it to any other organizations.
- We do not market the information we collect.
- We may collect the e-mail addresses of those individuals who communicate with us via e-mail or who give us their e-mail address.
- We may collect information that those individuals who communicate with us via e-mail or who submit forms on this site voluntarily provide.
- We may use e-mail addresses and volunteered information to send news, notices, and figures to those who request it.
- The information that we collect will be retained and maintained as required by Texas records retention laws (Government Code Section 441.180 et seq.) and rules. Different types of information are required to be kept for different periods of time.
- The information we collect may be subject to public disclosure under the Texas Public Information Act.
Linking to this Website
You do not need to get advance permission to link to us if you are making a simple link to the homepage. We do ask that you link to us using the following URL:
We ask this due to the fact that many of the subpages change or get deleted. We reserve the right to change subpages at any time without notice, so it's up to you to continuously verify your links to our subpages.